japanese martial arts aCADEMY
The Japanese Martial Arts Academy (member of the International Budo Ryokukai - Japan) offers a modern approach to a classical Japanese Martial Arts education where we integrate our curriculum with modern science and various martial art principles.
We build self-confidence, respect and pride for students. We believe in whole fitness; both mind and body. By training at our Academy you will learn habits that will help develop a healthy lifestyle and positive mental outlook.
Unlike most other martial arts schools, we provide more than one type of program:
- Ryokukai Aikido; this martial art utilizes an opponent's momentum to cause imbalance resulting in the opponent being rendered harmless.
- Shotokan & Ryokukai Karate-do; developed from various Japanese Karate styles by Gichin Funakoshi (1868–1957) and Katzumi Niikura (1943-Present).
- Ju-Jutsu; is a self-defence martial art and combat sport based on grappling, ground fighting and submission holds
- Tai-chi, is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for defense training, health benefits, and meditation
Our Academy is a family oriented martial arts and fitness school, open to the public, and dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and satisfying. We believe in strengthening the mind and body through self-discipline, fitness and awareness.
Our Academy under the guidance and tutelage of Katzumi Niikura, Sensei; 8th Dan in Karate & 5th Dan in Aikido, founder of the the International Budo Ryokukai. See him in action in the video below:
Have a Question?
- Would you like more information on our Martial Arts programs offered? Please contact us with your questions or call us at (734) 447-3000