japanese martial arts aCADEMY
The Japanese Martial Arts Academy (JMAA) (member of the International Budo Ryokukai - Japan) offers a modern approach to a classical Japanese Martial Arts education where we integrate our curriculum with modern science and various martial art principles.
We build self-confidence, respect and pride for students. We believe in whole fitness; both mind and body. By training at our Academy you will learn habits that will help develop a healthy lifestyle and positive mental outlook.
For those of you who don’t have martial arts or fitness experience we encourage you to come and try a class. We have different programs (as low as $99/month for unlimited classes) designed to provide something for everyone so come in for an intro class(s) and find out what we can offer you in the amazing world of the Japanese Martial Arts!
Unlike most other martial arts schools, we provide more than one type of program:
- Ryokukai Aikido; this martial art utilizes an opponent's momentum to cause imbalance resulting in the opponent being rendered harmless.
- Shotokan & Ryokukai Karate-do; developed from various Japanese Karate styles by Gichin Funakoshi (1868–1957) and Katzumi Niikura (1943-Present).
- Jiu-Jitsu; is a self-defence martial art and combat sport based on grappling, ground fighting and submission holds
- Iai-jutsu; this art of drawing the Japanese sword, katana, is one of the Japanese koryū martial art disciplines in the education of the classical warrior (bushi)
- Tai-chi, is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for defense training, health benefits, and meditation
Our Academy is a family oriented martial arts and fitness school, open to the public, and dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and satisfying. We believe in strengthening the mind and body through self-discipline, fitness and awareness.
Our Academy under the guidance and tutelage of Katzumi Niikura, Sensei; 8th Dan in Karate, 5th Dan in Aikido, founder of the the International Budo Ryokukai. See him in action in the video below:
Have a Question?
- Would you like more information on our Martial Arts programs offered? Please Contact Us with your questions or call us at (734) 447-3000