Our Students learn a great Curriculum - combining the most effective and best of the martial arts in structured, disciplined, and exciting training classes.
The Japanese Martial Arts Academy (JMAA) offers a modern approach to a classical Japanese Martial Arts education where we integrate our curriculum with modern science and various martial art principles. As you progress in rank, you'll gain athletic agility, improve performance and have a greater sense of well-being. What's more, JMAA students who pursue and earn a black belt will also complete an enriching experience.
At the Japanese Martial Arts Academy, we offer more than martial arts. We believe in whole fitness; both mind and body. By training at the Academy you will learn habits that will help develop a healthy lifestyle and positive mental outlook. For those of you who don’t have martial arts or fitness experience we encourage you to come and watch our classes. We have different programs designed to provide something for everyone so come in for a FREE trial now and find the healthier you today!
Unlike most other martial arts schools, we provide more than one type of program. The following Martial Arts Styles are offered in our School:
- Shotokan and Shudokan Karate; developed from various Japanese Karate styles by Kanken Toyama (1888-1966) and Gichin Funakoshi (1868–1957)
- Ryokukai Aikido; this martial art utilizes an opponent's momentum to cause imbalance resulting in the opponent being rendered harmless.
- Iai-jutsu; this art of drawing the Japanese sword, katana, is one of the Japanese koryū martial art disciplines in the education of the classical warrior (bushi)
- Judo and JuJitsu; it involves using holds and leverage to unbalance and control the opponent.
- Kudo; a mixed Budo sport comprising full contact punches, kicks, throwings, and submission techniques on the ground.
The Japanese Martial Arts Academy is a family oriented martial arts and fitness school, open to the public, and dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and satisfying. We believe in strengthening the mind and body through self-discipline, fitness and awareness. Join in the fun today!